George Bernard Shaw was born 26 July 1856, and died 2 November 1950
- Make it a rule never to give a child a book you would not read yourself.
- When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty.
- The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
- My way of joking is to tell the truth. It’s the funniest joke in the world.
- We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.
- If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.
- Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
- The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
- The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
- Without art the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable.
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
- England and America are two countries separated by the same language.
- The man who writes about himself and his own time is the only man who writes about all people and all time.
- The trouble with her is that she lacks the power of conversation but not the power of speech.
- We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.
George Bernard Shaw was an Irish playwright who wrote more than 60 plays during his lifetime. He was given a Nobel Prize in Literature in 1925. Pygmalionwas later made into the film My Fair Lady. His screenplay won an Oscar. He was also an essayist, journalist, novelist, and short story writer
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate