Eugène Ionesco was born 26 November 1909, and died 28 March 1994
Eugène Ionesco: Nine Quotes
- A work of art is above all an adventure of the mind.
- A writer never has a vacation. For a writer, life consists of either writing or thinking about writing.
- We have not the time to take our time.
- The critic should describe, and not prescribe.
- It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.
- Why do people always expect authors to answer questions? I am an author because I want to ask questions. If I had answers, I’d be a politician.
- People who don’t read are brutes.
- It is true that all authors have tried to make propaganda. The great ones are those who failed, who have gained access, consciously or not, to a deeper and more universal reality.
- Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.
Ionesco was a Romanian and French playwright and dramatist, and one of the foremost playwrights of the Theatre of the Absurd. Beyond ridiculing the most banal situations, Ionesco’s plays depict in a tangible way the solitude and insignificance of human existence.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate