Happy Birthday, Emily Giffin, born 20 March 1972
- I think it’s important to try to be present with whatever it is you’re doing. And if you can’t be present, take a break.
- A theme in a lot of my books - and in my own life - is making choices that you feel you should make, or what society wants you to make, as opposed to what is truly right for you.
- Life is about the grey areas. Things are seldom black and white, even when we wish they were and think they should be, and I like exploring this nuanced terrain.
- I’ve always been intrigued by the power of secrets. When is it justifiable to keep them from the ones we love? And does keeping them irrevocably change who we are?
- It’s a funny thing - when I’m crazed with work, spending time with my children relaxes me. Yet, at the end of a long weekend with them, the very thing I need to relax is a little work and time away from them!
Giffin is an American author of six novels, including Something Borrowed andSomething Blue.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.