Happy Birthday, Douglas Coupland, born 30 December 1961
Douglas Coupland: Top 10 Quotes
- I’m quite open about the future. I’m curious. In my mind I’ve always checked out in 2037; that’s always been my expiration date. I’ll be 75.
- Here’s my theory about meetings and life: the three things you can’t fake are erections, competence and creativity.
- Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.
- A man in a bookstore buys a book on loneliness and every woman in the store hits on him. A woman buys a book on loneliness and the store clears out.
- Christmas makes everything twice as sad.
- I think that every reader on earth has a list of cherished books as unique as their fingerprints….I think that, as you age, you tend to gravitate towards the classics, but those aren’t the books that give you the same sort of hope for the world that a cherished book does.
- Never loan a book to someone if you expect to get it back. Loaning books is the same as giving them away.
- Your brain forms roughly 10,000 new cells every day, but unless they hook up to preexisting cells with strong memories, they die. Serves them right.
- What if God exists except it turns out he doesn’t really like people very much?
- We are all of us born with a letter inside us, and that only if we are true to ourselves, may we be allowed to read it before we die.
Coupland is a Canadian novelist. He has published thirteen novels, two collections of short stories, seven non-fiction books, and a number of dramatic works and screenplays for film and television.
His first novel, the 1991 international bestseller Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture, popularized terms such as McJob and Generation X.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate