Happy Birthday, Diane Wakoski, born 3 August 1937
- Poetry is the art of saying what you mean but disguising it.
- Learning to live what you’re born with is the process, the involvement, the making of a life.
- Still, language is resilient, and poetry when it is pressured simply goes underground.
- I think that’s what poetry does. It allows people to come together and identify with a common thing that is outside of themselves, but which they identify with from the interior.
- I have always wanted what I have now come to call the voice of personal narrative. That has always been the appealing voice in poetry. It started for me lyrically in Shakespeare’s sonnets.
Wakoski is an American poet. She is primarily associated with the deep image poets, as well as the confessional and Beat poets of the 1960s
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate