Happy Birthday, Deborah Wiles, born 7 May 1953
- The secret to not being afraid is to understand what scares you.
- There are always scary things happening in the world. There are always wonderful things happening. And it's up to you to decide how you're going to approach the world...how you're going to live in it, and what you're going to do.
- This is how it works. Everything is connected. Every choice matters. Every person is vital, and valuable, and worthy of respect.
- A hero can be afraid, but a hero never runs away.
- Life is full of surprises, but the biggest one of all is learning what it takes to handle them.
Wiles is an award-winning children's book author. Her books include Each Little Bird That Sings, Love, Ruby Lavender, and Revolution.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.