- Censors tend to do what only psychotics do; they confuse fantasy with reality.
- As a citizen, of course. As a parent, of course. But as an artist, that's where the paradox is - your responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you talk about political or social responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist.
- Re-writing is different from writing. Original writing is very difficult
- Everybody's a mad scientist, and life is their lab. We're all trying to experiment to find a way to live, to solve problems, to fend off madness and chaos.
- I see technology as being an extension of the human body.
- As an artist you look into yourself to understand the human potential to be all kinds of things that are not necessarily pleasant but are real - a criminal, a murderer, a sadist, a rapist; to be all of these things that many people are. You can't allow yourself to say, 'I'm a different species from those people.' Because you aren't.
- You know, there's a saying in art that in order to be universal you must be specific. So I think every artist feels that he is dealing with specific things but that it also has significance universally.
Cronenberg is a Canadian author, filmmaker, screenwriter, and actor. He is one of the originators of what is commonly known as the body horror or venereal horror genre.
Source for photograph
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.