- To be a writer is to embrace rejection as a way of life.
- I get up at 5:30 a.m. every morning, I'm at work at my computer by 7 a.m. I write 10 pages a day, every day, no exceptions except for days when I have to look at copy edits or do line edits of pass proofs or print out a manuscript.
- The blogosphere rewards no-holds-barred smartassery.
- The library is what keeps us a step ahead of the apes.
- Keep writing. Write every day, even if it's only one paragraph a day. That's one paragraph more than you had the day before, and by the end of the month you might have a chapter. If you don't use your skills, you'll lose them, and then you'll truly never get published.
- Science fiction is the agent provocateur of literature.
- When you put four Alaskans into a room, you have five marriages, six divorces, and seven political parties.
- Writing is a job like any other in that to get paid, you must produce. So I make sure I produce.
Stabenow is an American author of science fiction, mystery, suspense, and historical adventure novels. She is the author of The Kate Shugak Series, The Liam Campbell Series, The Silk and Song Trilogy, and The Star Svensdotter Series.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.