Happy Birthday, Connie Willis, born 31 December 1945
- Writers are too neurotic to ever be happy.
- I have never written anything in one draft, not even a grocery list, although I have heard from friends that this is actually possible.
- Science fiction is an amazing literature: plot elements that you would think would be completely worn out by now keep changing into surprising new forms.
- I learned everything I know about plot from Dame Agatha (Christie).
- …every place and time an author writes about is imaginary, from Oz to Raymond Chandler’s L.A. to Dickens’s London.
- One of the nastier trends in library management in recent years is the notion that libraries should be ‘responsive to their patrons’.
- Cats, as you know, are quite impervious to threats.
Willis is an American science fiction writer. She has won 11 Hugo Awards and seven Nebula Awards. Her most recent novel is Blackout/All Clear.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate