Christina Rossetti was born 5 December 1830, and died 29 December 1894
- Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun.
- For there is no friend like a sister In calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands.
- Spring bursts today, For love is risen and all earth's at play.
- Who has seen the wind? Neither you nor I: But when the trees bow down their head, The wind is passing by.
- Remember me when I am gone away, gone far away into the silent land.
Rossetti was an English poet who wrote a variety of romantic, devotional, and children’s poems. She is perhaps best known for the words of the Christmas carol In the Bleak Midwinter.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate