Carl Van Doren was born 10 September 1885, and died 18 July 1950
- Yes, it's hard to write, but it's harder not to.
- The measure of the creator is the amount of life he puts into his work.
- The most familiar quotations are the most likely to be misquoted . . . . Some have settled down to false versions that have obscured the true ones. They have passed over from literature into speech.
- A classic is a book that doesn't have to be written again.
- The race of man, while sheep in credulity, are wolves for conformity.
Van Doren was an American critic and writer. He won the 1939 Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography for Benjamin Franklin.
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate