Happy Birthday, Carl Sandburg, born 6 January 1878, died 22 July 1967
- Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
- Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.
- Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
- Ordering a man to write a poem is like commanding a pregnant woman to give birth to a red-headed child.
- Slang is a language that rolls up its sleeves, spits on its hands and goes to work.
Sandburg was an American writer and editor best known for poetry. He won three Pulitzer Prizes.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.