Antoine de Saint-Exupéry was born 29 June 1900, and died 31 July 1944
- And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
- Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
- Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are.
- It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
- ‘Men have forgotten this truth,’ said the fox. ‘But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.’
- Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away.
- The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
- They never say to you, ‘What does his voice sound like? What games does he love best? Does he collect butterflies?’ Instead, they demand ‘How old is he? How many brothers has he? How much money does his father make?’ Only from these figures do they think they have learned anything about him.
- If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.
- Language is the source of misunderstandings.
Saint-Exupéry was a French aristocrat, writer, poet, and pioneering aviator. He became a laureate of several of France’s highest literary awards and also won the U.S. National Book Award. He is best remembered for his novella The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince) and for his lyrical aviation writings, includingWind, Sand and Stars and Night Flight.
Source for Image
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. If you want to learn how to write a book, write for social media, and improve your business writing, send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Writers Write - Write to communicate