Alice Dunbar Nelson was born 19 July 1875, and died 18 September 1935
- Every new fad or fashion at once has its denouncers from the pulpit, platform, professor's chair.
- In every race, in every nation, and in every clime in every period of history there is always an eager-eyed group of youthful patriots who seriously set themselves to right the wrongs done to their race or nation or... art or self-expression.
- It's punishment to be compelled to do what one doesn't wish.
- Picturesqueness is a lost art. We may expect at anytime to hear that a collar ad is blazing its electric lights atop of the largest pyramid.
- I am profoundly in the D's - discouraged, depressed, disheartened, disgusted.
- I sit and sew - a useless task it seems, My hands grown tired, my head weighed down with dreams...
Nelson was an American poet, journalist and political activist.
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate