Happy Birthday, Alan Furst, born 20 February 1941
- If you can live in Paris, maybe you should.
- I don’t really write plots. I use history as the engine that drives everything.
- You write a lot of books; you hope you get better.
- I write in a 1937 garage on my property in Sag Harbor, I installed an old brick floor and had the doors replaced with old wooden boards. There are French doors out to an old brick terrace with a garden. I write on a Lexus Wheelwriter, a descendant of the magnificent and much missed IBM Selectric.
- One is what one has the nerve to pretend to be.
- Politicians were like talking dogs in a circus: the fact that they existed was uncommonly interesting, but no sane person would actually believe what they said.
- I invented the historical spy novel.
Furst is an American author of historical spy novels. He is best known for theNight Soldier series of novels.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.