Happy Birthday, Åsa Larsson, born 28 June 1966
- Because you’re a crime writer you’re asked to have a point of view on a lot of things, and I’m uncomfortable having public opinions on things that are not my professional area.
- It is so much hard work writing your first novel. You’re not even sure that it is possible to do.
- I don’t think there is anything wrong with learning from people who are better than you.
- I was a big reader as a child. My father is a great book lover and a librarian, but he forbid me to read bad literature. I was not allowed to read Nancy Drew or books like that. I often say to him that me becoming a crime author is both a way of pleasing him and annoying him.
- Be brave, that is the best advice I was given myself. What it really means is up to everyone to answer for themselves.
Larsson is a Swedish crime-writer. Her first novel, The Savage Altar, was short-listed for the Duncan Lawrie International Dagger. Her second novel, The Blood Spilt, won the Best Swedish Crime Novel Award
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.