Happy Birthday, Patti Smith, born 30 December 1946
- Please, no matter how we advance technologically, please don’t abandon the book. There is nothing in our material world more beautiful than the book.
- Writing is not some quiet, closet act.
- Grief starts to become indulgent, and it doesn’t serve anyone, and it’s painful. But if you transform it into remembrance, then you’re magnifying the person you lost and also giving something of that person to other people, so they can experience something of that person.
- Somehow I started introducing writing into my drawings, and after a time, the language took over and I started getting very involved with the handwriting and then the look of the handwriting.
- In art and dream may you proceed with abandon. In life may you proceed with balance and stealth.
- Why can’t I write something that would awake the dead? That pursuit is what burns most deeply.
- I immersed myself in books and rock ‘n’ roll, the adolescent salvation.
Smith is an American singer-songwriter, poet and visual artist. She is the author of the memoir, Just Kids.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate