Happy Birthday, Dan Brown, born 22 June 1964
Five Writing Quotes
- I don’t start writing until I have a very solid outline. Or else I’d get to the end and find out there is no ending, and that I just wasted three years of my life.The Da Vinci Code outline was a hundred pages. This one was probably about the same.
- Shakespeare is in my idea file, and has been for a long long time. Clearly the identity of Shakespeare has been debated and that’s a fascinating subject.
- I try to write books that are mainstream that simultaneously educate, that simultaneously show people art and literature that they might not otherwise be interested in.
- I don’t know where I would place myself in the literary landscape. I really just write the book that I would want to read. I’m somebody who likes codes and ciphers and chases and artwork and architecture, and all the things you find in a Robert Langdon thriller.
- I find the most interesting villains [are] those who do the right things for the wrong reasons, or the wrong things for the right reasons — either one is interesting. I love the gray area between right and wrong.
Brown is an American author. His books have been translated into 52 languages and sold over 200 million copies. The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons have been adapted into films.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.