Dr Seuss was born 2 March 1904, and died 24 September 1991
Seven Quotes On Writing
- Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humour, which is awfully important in this day and age. Humour has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It’s more than just a matter of laughing. If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.
- You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
- I start drawing, and eventually the characters involve themselves in a situation. Then in the end, I go back and try to cut out most of the preachments.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.
- Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent.
- You make ‘em, I amuse ‘em.
Theodor Seuss Geisel was an American writer, poet, and cartoonist who published 46 children’s book including Green Eggs and Ham, and The Cat in the Hat. His works have been adapted for television, film, and theatre. He won the Lewis Carroll Shelf Award twice. Geisel also worked as an illustrator for advertising campaigns, and as a political cartoonist for PM, a New York City newspaper. During World War II, he worked in an animation department of the United States Army, where he wrote Design for Death, which won an Academy Award for Documentary Feature.
His birthday has been adopted as the annual date for National Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.