- Every word a woman writes changes the story of the world, revises the official version.
- It's my experience that you first feel the impulse to write in your chest. It's like falling in love, only more so. It feels like something criminal. It feels like unspeakably wild sex. So, think: When you feel the overpowering need to go out and find some unspeakably wild sex, do you rush to tell your mom about it?
- You can go a surprisingly long time without figuring out the kind of person you are and in what direction your life is taking you.
- Wake up! Keep waking up! Wake up more and more often!
- A great novelist must open the reader's heart, allow the reader to remember the vastness and glory -- and shame and shabbiness -- of what it is to be human.
See is an American author of nine books, including the memoir, Dreaming: Hard Luck and Good Times in America, an advice book on writing, Making a Literary Life, and the novels There Will Never Be Another You and The Handyman.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate