- The longer and more carefully we look at a funny story, the sadder it becomes.
- You can’t imagine how stupid the whole world has grown nowadays.
- A word aptly uttered or written cannot be cut away by an axe.
- However stupid a fool's words may be, they are sometimes enough to confound an intelligent man.
- It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry.
- What are you laughing at? You are laughing at yourself.
- Do we ever get what we really want? Do we ever achieve what our powers have ostensibly equipped us for? No: everything works by contraries.
- There are certain words which are nearer and dearer to a man than any others.
- Always think of what is useful and not what is beautiful. Beauty will come of its own accord.
Gogol was a Ukrainian-born Russian humorist, dramatist, and novelist. His novel, Dead Souls and his short story, The Overcoat are considered the foundations of the 19th-century tradition of Russian realism.
Source for Image
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. If you want to learn how to write a book, write for social media, and improve your business writing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Writers Write - Write to communicate